The Spencer Parks and Rec. Commissions' Current Top 9 Long-Term Project Priorities
These projects, which range from establishment to preservation, reflect the most current priorities of our long-range projects. These are not items intended to be completed
this fiscal; rather, they are the major undertakings that require planning, resources, community participation, funding, and ongoing support and maintenance.
1) Replacement of the O'Gara Park Lawn Tractor
2) The O'Gara Park Fieldhouse
3) O'Gara Park Grandstand/Dugout Repair/Refurbishment
4) Luther Hill Park Parking Attendant Building
5) Powder Mill Park Parking Bumper Project
6) Luther Hill Park Skateboard Area Security Camera System
7) Powder Mill Park Security Camera System
8) Powder Mill Park HP/Safety Woodchip Refurbishment
9) Powder Mill Park 2-5 Year-old Play Area Update
If you have any questions or are interested in details on any of the above projects, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
The Spencer Parks & Recreation Commission is an all-volunteer board whose mission is to serve the recreational needs of Spencer residents. Its primary responsibilities consist of
- Overseeing maintenance of the communities town-owned parks and recreation facilities, including grounds, roads, parking areas, grandstands, buildings, monuments, playground equipment, and safety equipment
- Scheduling use of recreational facilities
- Developing and supervising recreational programs, including swimming lessons, beach safety, summer recreation for children, holiday parties, dances, and other events
The Commission seeks opportunities to work in collaboration with other Town commissions and departments and welcomes suggestions for additional programs from Spencer residents.
Information about upcoming programs, including Swimming Lessons and Summer Recreation, will be posted on this site when details are finalized.