The Reopening of Luther Hill Park and the Return of Swimming Lessons
The Spencer Parks and Recreation Commission is happy to announce that swimming lessons are returning to Luther Hill Park!
Please check back on this sight for details, which will be posted once finalized, including filling the positions listed below.
We are currently seeking to fill positions to staff the waterfront, including a: Waterfront Director, Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard, and Parking Attendant; please see the links above for position descriptions and qualifications.
Again, we are excited to reopen Luther Hill Park, and hope to see you and your family there!
The Spencer Parks and Rec. Commissions' Current Top 10 Long-Term Project Priorities
These projects, which range from establishment to preservation, reflect the most current priorities of our long-range projects. These are not items intended to be completed this fiscal; rather, they are the major undertakings that require planning, resources, community participation, funding, and ongoing support and maintenance.
1) Replacement of the O'Gara Park Lawn Tractor
2) The O'Gara Park Fieldhouse
3) Establishment of The Spencer Dog Park
4) O'Gara Park Grandstand/Dugout Repair/Refurbishment
5) Luther Hill Park Parking Attendant Building
6) Powder Mill Park Parking Bumper Project
7) Luther Hill Park Skateboard Area Security Camera System
8) Powder Mill Park Security Camera System
9) Powder Mill Park HP/Safety Woodchip Refurbishment
10) Powder Mill Park 2-5 Year-old Play Area Update
If you have any questions or are interested in details on any of the above projects, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
PROPOSAL: Spencer Dog Park
Build and maintain a dog park, located at Luther Hill Park. The initial concept is to utilize 2-3 acres to create a fenced-in, off-leash dog park, consisting of two areas, one for small dogs and one for large dogs. This site will likely include parking, drinking water fountains for the dogs, shade (trees), walking paths, bench seating, and sanitation stations.
To establish a beautiful, fenced-in, off-leash dog park where well-behaved dogs and their owners/friends have a safe, well-maintained area for recreation and
socialization in the Town of Spencer.
The Friends of Spencer Dog Park Inc.
A new non-profit organization incorporated to help establish and maintain a dog park in the Town of Spencer, through program creation and fundraising. The Friends of Spencer Dog Park (FOSDP) is currently seeking board members; if interested, please contact Stephanie Brunnett at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
The FOSDP is proud to announce its first fundraising efforts with the help of Klem's!
The Spencer Parks and Recreation Commission would like to thank both the Friends of Spencer Dog Park and Klem's for their generous involvement in assisting with the proposed dog park; it is efforts like these that bring people together, and displays the best in who we really are as a community.
O'Gara Park's Historic Grandstand
Luther Hill Park's Waterfront
Isaac L. Prouty Memorial Park
The Spencer Parks & Recreation Commission is an all-volunteer board whose mission is to serve the recreational needs of Spencer residents. Its primary responsibilities consist of the following:
- Overseeing maintenance of the communities town-owned parks and recreation facilities, including grounds, roads, parking areas, grandstands, buildings, monuments, playground equipment, and safety equipment
- Scheduling use of recreational facilities
- Developing and supervising recreational programs, including swimming lessons, beach safety, summer recreation for children, holiday parties, dances, and other events
The Commission seeks opportunities to work in collaboration with other Town commissions and departments and welcomes suggestions for additional programs from Spencer residents.
Information about upcoming programs, including Swimming Lessons and Summer Recreation, will be posted on this site when details are finalized.