Route 31 (Maple St. / Charlton Rd.) Reconstruction
Project Information & Construction Status
ROUTE 31 PROJECT STATUS (UPDATED 6/15/2018)
All paving for this project has been completed. The remaining tasks are minor and include signage and final roadside treatments. The contractor will be on site very limited and the project will wrap up very soon. Looming and/or reseeding as may be required (some areas are loomed already but need to be reseeded) of disturbed areas will occur in September 2018, which is the best time to try to grow new grass. Looming/reseeding is the last significant item of work remaining.
Your assistance in bringing any comments, concerns, observations, etc. to our attention as soon as possible is important to the successful completion of the project for all users and abutters. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of the project, your driveway or your frontage, please let this office know so that we can advise the contractor and have it addressed as soon as possible. Once the contractor leaves the site, the opportunity for changes and corrections will have passed.
Please drive safely and adhere to Speed Limits, 40 MPH rurally from the Charlton Town Line and changing to 30 MPH north of Vista Lane, at all times.
CONTRACT / PROJECT COMPLETION DATE: SEPTEMBER 2018
The project is nearly complete with work into September 2018 at the latest. The project included the following improvements:
- Reclaiming Route 31 from the Charlton Town line to Bemis St (3.7 miles) to a depth of 12 inches and putting down 7.25 inches of new Superpave in 3 lifts.
- South of Howe Road, we’re planning on 26 feet of width. North of Howe Road, we’re planning on 28 feet of width.
- Replacing all guardrails.
- Updating existing / installing proposed drainage improvements.
- Bacon Hill Road / Cranberry Meadow Road intersection safety improvements consisting of sight improvements in the northeast quadrant.
- East Charlton Road intersection safety improvements consisting of the complete realignment of the intersection to a typical "T" intersection.
We appreciate your patience during construction, if there are any questions please contact our office at 508-885-7525. Thank you in advance for your understanding and assistance.
Spencer Construction Updates email List
For additional notices and information please be aware that Spencer roadway construction project notices and updates are sent routinely by email. If you wish to be on our construction updates email list please send an email requesting to be placed on the Spencer Construction updates list to email@example.com. Please include “Spencer Construction Updates” in your email subject line.
Spencer Utilities & Facilities