Route 31 (Maple St. / Charlton Rd.) Reconstruction
ROUTE 31 PROJECT STATUS (UPDATED 10/15/2018)
We are excited to announce that this project is now complete. The contractor has finished all drainage improvements, paving, roadside treatments, signage and line painting. Now that the contractor has left the site, the opportunity for changes and corrections has passed.
Please drive safely and adhere to Speed Limits, 40 MPH rurally from the Charlton Town Line and changing to 25 MPH north of Vista Lane, at all times.
The project is nearly complete with work into September 2018 at the latest. The project included the following improvements:
- Reclaiming Route 31 from the Charlton Town line to Bemis St (3.7 miles) to a depth of 12 inches and putting down 7.25 inches of new Superpave in 3 lifts.
- South of Howe Road, we’re planning on 26 feet of width. North of Howe Road, we’re planning on 28 feet of width.
- Replacing all guardrails.
- Updating existing / installing proposed drainage improvements.
- Bacon Hill Road / Cranberry Meadow Road intersection safety improvements consisting of sight improvements in the northeast quadrant.
- East Charlton Road intersection safety improvements consisting of the complete realignment of the intersection to a typical "T" intersection.
Spencer Construction Updates email List
For additional notices and information please be aware that Spencer roadway construction project notices and updates are sent routinely by email. If you wish to be on our construction updates email list please send an email requesting to be placed on the Spencer Construction updates list to email@example.com. Please include “Spencer Construction Updates” in your email subject line.
Spencer Utilities & Facilities