- The Treasurer has the statutory responsibility to pay all bills as properly authorized by proper City Officers.
- The Treasurer receives and takes charge of the money of the Municipality in General Treasury and Special Funds, including Stabilization Funds, Trust Funds, and many others
- The Treasurer negotiates for borrowing, including preparation of documents and notes.
- The Treasury Department issues accounts payable checks, complying with reporting requirements on all Federal, State, and Local levels.
- The Treasurer retains custody of Tax Deeds or Instruments of Taking, maintains Tax Title accounts, conducts sales of land and oversees petition for foreclosure.