Construction Notice - National Grid Gas Main Work (7 Locations)
15 to 84 Main St.; 1 to 10 Bell St.; 11 to 52 Mill St.; 5 to 9 School St.;
33 to 64 Grove St.; 1 Brown St.; and 24 to 35 Highland St.
Soon National Grid Gas will start gas main replacement work at the following 7 locations, each will continue for approximately 2-6 weeks from start date, weather permitting, including all necessary gas main line replacement and service connection work.
- # 15 to # 84 Main St.
- # 1 to # 10 Bell St.
- # 11 to # 52 Mill St.
- # 5 to # 9 School St.
- # 33 to # 64 Grove St.
- # 1 Brown St.
- # 4 to # 35 Highland St.
The Town will not oversee or direct the work. If you have a particular concern, please bring it to the attention of National Grid Gas. You can copy or notify this office at the same time if needed. The following are standard regarding traffic and abutter access.
- Assumes at least one-lane of through-traffic will typically be closed while work is on-going.~
- During construction traffic delays and temporary partial closures of the roadway can be expected.~
- Abutter access will be maintained at all times, however, there could be slight delays at any given time due to the location of work and equipment.~
- Through traffic should seek alternate routes while this work is ongoing.
- Temporary Closures to through traffic may be allowed for safety and to expedite the work.
- Work hours shall be 7 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Saturday, excluding holidays.~
- National Grid Gas contractors are responsible for all work, police details, traffic management and coordination.
- Please seek and plan for alternative routes.~
- Refer to attached National Grid Notice and FAQs.
If you have issues, questions or concerns about National Grid’s work or any related matter, please contact National Grid Gas directly (1-800-322-3223). For homes and businesses using or wanting to use gas for heating or cooking contact National Grid Gas for further information (1-800-322-3223).
If you wish to be on our project status email update list please send an email requesting to be placed on the Spencer Construction updates list to email@example.com. Please include “Spencer Construction Updates” in your email subject line.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while this work is on-going.