Plumbing, Gas, and Electrical Information

When do I need to apply for a permit?
A plumbing  permit is required for any work other than changing a washer or drain cleaning.
A gas permit is required for any work involving a gas line i.e. new appliances, anything shut off for 6 months or more or anything the gas company has shut off.
An electrical permit is required for any alterations of existing or new wiring.

Who can perform the work?
Only a licensed plumber, gas fitter, or electrician can perform work in the Town of Spencer.

Process for an application:
In order to issue a permit the following are required:

  • Completed application form;
  •  Completed worker’s compensation affidavit and certificate of general liability insurance (listing the Town of Spencer as the certificate holder) OR Completed application form with Owner’s Insurance Waiver signed;
  • Copy of current license
  •  Application fee.       
  • Tax sign off


PDF icon Plumbing Permit753.89 KB
PDF icon Gas Permit276.92 KB
PDF icon Electrical Permit61.77 KB
PDF icon Plumbing & Gas Fees110.03 KB
PDF icon Electrical Fee125.73 KB