Richard Sugden Library Trustees’ Meeting March 8, 2021
Cheryl A. Donahue, Director
Katie Smith, Children’s Librarian
Mary Anne Slack, Chair
Lynn Dobson, Trustee
Alyson Russo, Trustee
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 PM.
Alyson made a motion to accept the minutes from the February 8, 2021 meeting.
Mary Anne seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
- Community Connections provided 20 more kits for children birth through pre-K.
- We continue to use Constant Contact for weekly story hour programming and monthly We Read It newsletters.
- Amy provides weekly virtual programming to accompany the kits we provide.
- Last month’s kit was well received and we will repeat the process this month. Amy will provide a Zoom component if 3 or more sign up.
- The virtual College Fair had 9 colleges and 13 teens.
- April 12th is the date for a virtual military showcase.
- Teen Mania is doing a virtual fashion design program this week with a kit provided to participants. Amy has created several virtual programs for Teen
- Patricia created some jewelry kits to give away through curbside pick-up for grades 6-12. All kits were well received.
- Planning for the Summer Reading Program is ongoing. A possible change would be to hold socially distanced programs at Powder Mill Park
- Cheryl attended a remote department head meeting, Feb.17th ; a remote CMLA meeting, Feb.17; a webinar on e-book purchasing, Feb. 23rd ; a MBLC
- strategic planning webinar March 2nd; and a Zoom School Council meeting, March 5th.
- Pause meditation continues remotely.
- Library staff offer remote programming through Facebook and Zoom.
- Curbside delivery continues Monday through Thursdays.
- Staff meeting was held on March 2 nd to discuss reopening the library to the public. The Trustees decided it would be best for all staff to be vaccinated before opening to the public.
- The library was closed for a week Feb 15th - 18th for boiler repairs/installation due to heating system shutdown. Both boilers are functioning at this time. MPC addressed piping and water conditioning system. There are still some parts needed for the registers to complete the repairs.
- Annual elevator servicing was done on Tuesday Feb. 16th.
- Capital Improvements Planning Committee met at the library Saturday, March 6th . Cheryl presented the members with statistics for library use, reminded the committee of the importance of keeping the local history museum safe, the necessity of having good air quality especially with the Covid virus.
- The library’s website has a survey on prioritizing the town’s spending and how to pay for it.
- Nandy’s Cleaning Service, from Paxton, will be our new cleaning service.
- Engineering Firm Fuss & O’Neil completed an evaluation of the drainage issues at the library.
- Engineers from C.A. Crowley have started a study for an updated air conditioning system.
- Cheryl met with the new Facilities and Utilities personnel.
Meeting adjourned at 5:15 PM.
Next meeting: Monday April 5, 2021 at 4:30 P.M.